You can transfer a .eu domain to us the same way that you transfer other domains. However, the transfer process is unique to the European Registry of Internet Domain Names (EURid).
EURid charges a non-refundable fee to transfer .eu domains. When transferring to another registrar, you forfeit time remaining on the original registration. The registration expires one year from the date you completed the transfer. Transfer requests take up to 21 days to complete, depending on the transfer method. If the transfer fails for any reason, you must start over and pay the transfer fee again.
As part of the transfer request and checkout process, we notify EURid of your request. EURid contacts you by email to provide you with an authorization code. You have up to 30 days to use this authorization code. If you do not use the authorization code within 30 days, you can restart the transfer by requesting a new authorization code.
After confirming you want to transfer a .eu domain, you proceed to transfer it through the Domain Manager. You can use the authorization code to expedite the transfer, within 24 to 48 hours, or you can leave the authorization field blank and respond to the EURid email to verify you want to transfer the domain. If you do not use the authorization code, the transfer takes at least 14 days to complete.
To Purchase a .EU Domain Transfer
- Go to the Domain Transfer page on our website.
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer and select the .eu extension.
- Click Go.
- Verify that this is the domain name you want to transfer and click Proceed to Checkout.
- Continue through the checkout process.
To Transfer a .EU Domain To Us
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
- From the Domains menu, select Pending Transfers.
- Click the Authorization button, and then select Begin Transfer Authorization.
- In the Transaction ID and Security Code fields, enter the transaction ID and security code sent to the email address on file for this transfer, and then click Next.
- Click Next again to confirm the listed domains are the ones you want to transfer to your account.
- In the Authorization Code field, enter the authorization code you received by email from EURid.
- Click Finish.